The tutorial explains how to archive emails in Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016 and other versions. You will learn how to configure each folder with its own auto archive settings or apply the same settings to all folders, how to archive in Outlook manually, and how to create archive folder if it doesn't appear automatically. If your mailbox has grown too big in size, it stands to reason to archive old emails, tasks, notes and other items to keep your Outlook fast and clean. That's where the Outlook Archive feature comes in. It is available in all versions of Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007 and earlier. And this tutorial will teach you how to archive emails and other items in different versions automatically or manually.
Automatically archive or back up Outlook for Mac items. Office for business Office 365 Small Business Outlook 2016 for Mac Office 2016 for Mac Outlook for Mac 2011 More. Time Machine is a backup software application included with the Apple OS X operating system. To use it, you'll need an external storage system, such as an external hard.
• • • • • • • • • What is archive in Outlook? Outlook Archive (and AutoArchive) moves older email, task and calendar items to an archive folder, which is stored in another location on your hard drive. Technically, archiving transfers older items from the main.pst file into a separate archive.pst file that you can open from Outlook any time you need it. This way, it helps you reduce the size of your mailbox and get some free space back on your C: drive (if you choose to store the archive file somewhere else).
Depending on how you configure it, Outlook Archive can perform one of the following tasks: • Move emails and other items from their current folders to an archive folder. • Permanently delete old emails and other items as soon as they have passed the specified aging period.
5 facts you should know about Outlook Archive To avoid confusion and to prevent questions like 'Why doesn't my Outlook Auto Archive work?' And 'Where are my archived emails in Outlook?' Please remember the following simple facts. • For most account types, Microsoft Outlook keeps all emails, contacts, appointments, tasks and notes in a.pst file called the Outlook Data File. PST is the only file type that can be archived. As soon as an old item is moved from the main.pst file into an archive.pst file, it is displayed in the, and is no longer available in the original folder.
– Do not edit any text box of the module in running phase. I am sharing some tips which can help to reduce the corruption during development: – Install latest service packs (Access and JET). Limited access repair tool for mac doiwnload. – Create a backup copy of your database. – Always turn-off Name AutoCorrect before creating objects.
• Archiving is not the same as exporting. Exporting copies the original items to the export file, but does not remove them from the current folder, nor from the main.pst file. • An archive file is not the same as. If you want to back up your archived items, you will have to make a copy of your archive.pst file and store it in a safe location, e.g. Dropbox or One Drive.
• Contacts are never auto-archived in any Outlook version. However, you can archive the Contacts folder.
• If you have an Outlook Exchange account with an online archive mailbox, archiving in Outlook is disabled. Rich text control in word for mac download. How to archive emails in Outlook automatically The Outlook Auto Archive feature can be configured to move old emails and other items to a designated archive folder automatically at a regular interval, or to delete old items without archiving. The detailed steps for different Outlook versions follow below. How to auto archive Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 Since Outlook 2010, Auto Archive is not enabled by default, though Microsoft Outlook will periodically remind you to do so: To start archiving immediately, click Yes. To review and probably change the archive options, click AutoArchive Settings. Or, you can click No to close the prompt, and configure auto archiving later at the time most convenient to you by performing the following steps.
• Open Outlook, and then click File > Options > Advanced > AutoArchive Settings • The AutoArchive dialog window opens, and you will notice that everything is grayed out but only until you check the Run AutoArchive every N days Once this box is checked, you can configure other options to your liking, and click OK. The screenshot below shows the default settings, and the detailed info about each option can be found. When archiving is in progress, the status information is displayed in the status bar. As soon as the archive process is completed, the Archives folder will appear in your Outlook automatically, provided you selected the option Show archive folder in the folder list. If you cannot find archived emails in your Outlook, please see.